Keto Cheese and Bacon Bread
Cheese and Bacon Bread
1¼ cups almond meal
5 tbsp ground psyllium husk
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup boiling water
3 egg whites
1 cup of tasty cheese (can use cheddar)
1/cup of chopped bacon
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Bring the water to a boil and add it with the vinegar and egg whites to the bowl, while mixing with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds until combined.
3. Moisten hands and make 3 rolls to the shape you desire (can make up to 6 mini rolls). Place on baking paper.
4. Sprinkle cheese and add bacon on top. Make sure you don't overload the top, as it will become soggy and slide off.
4. Bake on lowest rack in the oven for 50–60 minutes, depending on the size of your bread. They're done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun.
5. Best eaten whilst warm/hot.
We've tried the cheese and bacon bread with Keto Kitchen Corner Relish and also, the Strawberry Chia seed Jam. Surprisingly good.