Malaysian Laksa Curry Noodle
Coming from an Indonesian / Chinese backgroud, curry laksa are one of our staple dishes on the dining table. There are plenty of premixes you can buy from store, but with sugars and oils not suitable. It is rewarding to make it from scratch to suit the Keto/ LCHF lifestyle. The following measurement of ingredients are flexible to suit individual taste buds, like in many asian cusines, taste test along the way and adjust. I hope you will enjoy!
Malaysian Style Laksa Curry Beef
1/4 cup Every Bit Organic Raw Macadamia oil
5 Broth Me Naked Beef Bone Broth Tbags in 1.25 Litres of boiled water
(Please follow instructions on how to infuse broth from the box)
2 tsp sweetener (I used Xylitol)
450g Meat of your choice(I used blade steak ,diced )
2 cups of coconut milk
300g cabbage chopped or low carb vegetable of your choice
2 packs of 400g Zero Slim Noodle
Optional: Fried Asian shallots ( Can be bought from asian grocery store)
8 small dried red chillies chopped
2tbsp dried shirmp finely chopped
5 red shallots, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 large lemongrass stalks trimmed, chopped
2 tsp ground dried coriander seeds
1tsp ground cumin
1tsp chilli powder( extra spoon if you like spicy)
1 tsp Pure Food Essentials Tumeric Paste
Salt to taste
1. To make laksa paste, place chillies and shrimp in two separate bowls and cover both with enough boiling water to cover. Leave for 20 mins until softened.Drain well, then blend with remaining ingrediednts in a food processor to a smooth paste.
2. Heat oil in a large frypan over high heat, cook steak till well done, put aside let it rest, diced them into bite size.
3. Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add laksa paste and cook, stirring for 2 mins or until fragrant. Add bone broth stock and xylitol. Stir to combine, then bring to a simmer. Add Beef, return to simmer and cook for 4 mins. Add in vegetables.
4. Add coconut milk and beansprouts stir gently to combine.
5. Drain Zero Noodles and rinse under tap water for a min, slightly cook them in boiling water. Place noodle in the bowl and pour curry laska on, now it's time to enjoy!