Husband came up with the recipe and I am glad he did! They can be store in the freezer with an airtight container, mini cup reheat for 15 to 20 second and they taste just like fresh!
Topped with the @littlezebra coconut crunch I am in heaven😋😋 ( available on www.ketodirect.com.au)
What's your favorite Keto/ LCHF food/ snack?
4 Lemons (Juice and Zest)
3 Whole Eggs
1 Egg Yolk
1.In a medium heatproof bowl, zest the lemon skin, juice the lemons, add the Stevia and the butter. Set the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Don’t let the bowl touch the bottom of the pan. Stir the mixture until all the butter has melted.
2. Lightly whisk the eggs and egg yolk, then stir into the heated mixture. Stir and cook for around 5-10 mins until the mixture coats the back of a spoon. Make sure you are keeping a close eye, as the mixture will split if not careful.
3. Remove from the heat and put the mixture into sterilized jars and store in the fridge.
Can be used to fill Keto tarts, or scooped with some Keto Crumble (Recipe below).
1 Cup Almond meal
1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
2 Tablespoons Stevia
1 Teaspoon salt
1. Pre heat oven at 180 degrees Celsius
2. Melt butter
3. In a small mixing bowl combine dry ingredients with melted butter untill dry dough forms.
4. Line baking paper on a baking tray. Pat/Roll dough out 1/2cm thick.
5. Bake for 15mins or untill golden brown. Remove and cool before break up into desired crumble pieces.