Almond MYLK Cupcakes
What's better than a vanilla cupcake with cream and jam? Almond MYLK cupcakes with jam and almond MYLK cream! That's what better 😋
What is so special about this?
Imagine you can have one of the smoothest ,and super delicious cupcake( as my son said) in a keto friendly setting, that only requires basic baking know how.
Cupcake Ingredients (makes 12 standard sizes)
-220g unsalted butter (room temperature)
-¼ cup Naturally sweet Xylitol (½ cup if you like sweeter cupcakes)
-4 eggs (room temperature)
-⅔ cup sour cream
-2 tbsp Almond Mylk
-1 cup almond flour
-1/4 cup coconut flour
-1 tsp baking powder
-Pinch of salt
-(Optional, but worth it!) Hawthorn Farm Strawberry jam (or any Hawthorn jam flavours).
Almond Mylk Frosting Ingredients
(You will need to Double (X2) the ingredients below if you want to frost like the pictures)
-250g unsalted butter (room temperature)
-50g cream cheese
-½ cup Naturally sweet Xylitol icing sugar
-⅓ cup Almond Mylk
1. Preheat oven to 170°C
2. In a meddium/large bowl, cream butter and Xylitol with hand mixer on low speed.
3. Add the eggs, sour cream, Almond Mylk, and mix until well combined. Do not over beat as mixture can split.
4. Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and pinch of salt.
5. Using an ice cream scoop (to be even), scoop the batter evenly into your muffin tin with cupcake paper.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until wooden skewer/chopstick comes out clean.
Take out of oven and leave to cool.
7. Use a melon baller or small dessert spoon to scoop a hole out the top of the cupcake. Do not scoop to the bottom or jam will leak. Fill hole with Hawthorn Strawberry Jam.
Almond Mylk Frosting
(make once cupcakes are cooled)
1. Using a hand mixer. In a medium/large bowl mix the butter, Xylitol and cream cheese on low speed for 2 minute and then Increase to high speed for 1 more minute.
2. Add the Almond Mylk and mix for an additional minute on high speed.
3. Place in a piping bag, frost the cooled cupcakes how ever you choose and enjoy! You will!