After receiving many DMS about what meals I have on a daily basis, I hope this blog can help you stick to/get on your Keto journey easier! To be honest, someone like me who is very time poor, the best way to stick to Keto is to keep it simple! If I have time on the weekend I will meal prep, but most day I simply follow these rules-
-Stay hydrated!! I drink minimum 1.5 litres of plain water, 1 serve @ultima electrolytes (800ml bottle), 3 mugs of green tea(which is about 1 litre), a cup or two @beforeyouspeak coffee, a @yogitea at night to unwind 90% of the days
- A type of meat, plenty of vegetables and good fats is on every meal
- Keep keto snacks handy! Ok I must say I have advantage on achieving this 😆
- If you practice fasting, let people around you know so they won't tempt you with food (especially the smell which is a distraction)
Breaking my fast-
Usually I will break my fast anywhere between 11 to 2pm. It is depends on how busy I gets and how hungry I am. I do practice IF but I don't starve myself. If I am hungry, I eat.
Food that I usually break my fast with are:
@blissfitsfood raw chocolate bar, one of my favorite snack in store because they keeps me full till lunch (usually between 2 to 3 pm)
@locakoco beauty collagen bar. This one is my latest obsession and I just feel happier after I eat them🤣🤣
@musclepharm cheese crisps! In case you still don't know yet😜😜
@gevityrx broth! Curry and burn are my favourite.
Breakfast- I don't usually eat breakfast, but I do make sure I drink my water/tea during fasting. My dinner is around 7, then I will have a late night snack between 9 to 10. I used to start fasting from 7pm till 11am the next day but now that business is getting busier, so during the day I really don't have much time to enjoy myself (food is my biggest enjoyment 😜😜). That's why I allow myself to have a late night snack.
Lunch & Dinner
Some of my recent favourites
- Beef Bolognese, using Pete Evans Bolognese sauce or primal kitchen garlic pasta sauce with a salad on the side
-Nacho bowl - Quest chips has come to the rescue with lots of cheese!
- Soup(Bonafide broth bombs or Gevity broth) add in type of protein and veggies
- Noodle zero add in type of meat plus vegetables
- Salad- Cucumber, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, pesto almond, can tuna, pimp my salad (spiced sunflower seeds), boiled eggs x 2, cheese
- Omelette (Literally anything left over in the fridge that is keto I will put them in, no waste in this house😁😁
- Steak, mushroom, Brussels sprouts (I have a simple recipe which you can find in an earlier post)
-Stir fry- Type of meat plus green leafy vegetables. I seasoned most of my food with Dosha smoked salt and cook with truffle ghee (you are missing out if you haven't try yet😁)
- Antipasto platter! I absolutely love love love this option, so when I get the chance I make sure I will make this! I usually will have these on my platter-
Loka crackers, Keto Kitchen Corner crackers, cold meats, some types of cheese, and dips (Make sure you check ingredients and carb count because they can be very different between brands), olives, cucumber, and cherry tomatoes
I will be doing a snack version by it's own because there are too many 😆😆😆
Hope you will find these useful! Always remember meal prep if you are super busy, so you can stick to keto! And make sure you always have a keto snack in your car/handbag because you will need it when you are in a rush sometime! Electrolytes is definitely a must especially with the weather now warming up!